The Gatsby Benchmarks for schools
By Sarah Wood
Great careers advice can make a real difference to the lives of young people, and it starts with school. But how can a secondary school be sure whether it is providing the best careers advice for its students?
The Gatsby Benchmarks are a framework of eight guidelines that define the best careers provision in secondary schools. They are:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from labour market information
- Addressing the needs of every pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
For more detail of each of the Gatbsy Benchmarks go to https://www.careersandenterprise.co.uk/schools-colleges/gatsby-benchmarks
Copyright 2020 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.