Job opportunity: Senior Journalist/ Marketing and PR Account Executive at Moose and Punchline
By Mark Owen | 12th March 2020
An exciting opportunity to join a growing and dynamic marketing and PR agency based in Gloucester.
We are looking for the right person with a passion for journalism/PR/news/social media and desktop publishing (and with a sense of humour), to grow and develop the agency's market-leading business-to-business website www.punchline-gloucester.com and magazine, Punchline Gloucester.com.
Punchline has grown spectacularly over the past ten years to become Gloucestershire's biggest and leading business news publication both online and in-print.
To continue the success story we are looking for a self-starter who can write and research content for our website and magazine.
You will also help with our email-bulletins (Punchline Daily) and social media campaigns which drive traffic to the website. The ideal candidate will be creative, enthusiastic, have a desire to learn and be highly motivated and organised.
This is an ideal opportunity for a local/regional newspaper journalist looking to move into PR and marketing while carry on using their journalistic skills.
• Updating www.Punchline-Gloucester.com website and social media on a daily basis using a content management system
• Creating and sending email marketing campaigns
• Writing and researching content for the website
• Taking photographs to help build content for the site
• Sourcing quotes and providing support with creative direction
• Updating and building databases
• Writing content for Punchline-Gloucester.com magazine
• Planning page layouts for our magazine
• Helping distribute by hand with the rest of the team, the printed publication approx. 12,000 to 15,000 magazines
• Writing and distributing press releases for local, regional, national media and trade publications
• Administrative support for the marketing team as required
• Building and maintaining good relationships with clients
• Contacting local companies and promoting the company, selling within the publication/online/agency [training to be given]
• Client/account management for agency ie. meeting clients, presentations, helping to plan and schedule events, media management, buying, full agency role
• Writing and selling in of client and agency press releases
Skills and Experience Essential:
• Ideally must have min three A-levels including English
• Excellent grammatical, written and communication skills
• Strong IT skills particularly website content management and Microsoft Office
• Experience in using Adobe creative suite
• Experience in using social media
• Ability to project a professional company image both by telephone and in-person
• Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of the team
• Excellent attention to detail
• Adaptable, with a 'can do' attitude
• Ability to work under pressure
• Must have an interest in current affairs
• Must have full clean driving license and be a car owner
• Must have a good sense of humour
• Qualification in a creative practice such as journalism NCTJ/ PR or media experience or have worked as a journalist for a local/regional paper
• Basic knowledge of html and ftp
• Full training will be given, but experience in marketing would be advantageous
Hours of Work:
Generally, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm. 38 hours per week, although some out of hours and weekend work may be required.
28K + OT bonus [salary rise after passing the probation period]
This post is subject to a six-month probationary period and references.
Written test will be required during the interview process.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 25th March 2020
Strictly no agencies
Copyright 2020 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.