National Apprenticeship Week: Gloucestershire College’s essential guide to apprenticeships
By Sarah Wood
During National Apprenticeship Week 2021, Gloucestershire College's Business Hub team invites you to virtually join them to discover apprenticeships and the incredible impact they are having within organisations across the county.
The event takes place on Thursday 11th February 2-3pm and is open to all. It is your chance to find out everything you need to know about apprenticeships.
Employers, managers, HR partners, recruitment teams and all employees who are looking to advance their career and upskill can join Gloucestershire College's team to find out more about the scheme.
Hosted by Julie Tegg, director of apprenticeships and employer training, and Myra Billinghurst, business development manager at Gloucestershire College, attendees will be able to get their questions answered by the college's apprenticeship experts.
The virtual event will cover:
• What is an apprenticeship and what are the benefits for both businesses and employees - If you haven't employed an apprentice before, Gloucestershire College's Business Hub team will be taking it back to the basics with a jargon-free snapshot of everything you need to know about apprenticeships.
• Apprenticeship myth-busting - Young, school leaver, entry-level? You might think you know apprenticeships, but think again! The Business Hub team will be challenging the stereotypes around apprenticeships.
• Hiring apprentices during lockdown - Find out how your business can still hire and support apprentices whilst working remotely.
• FAQs from employers - Awarded Gloucestershire's Apprenticeship Provider of the Year 2020, Gloucestershire College works with more than 1,000 employers across the county and beyond to deliver award-winning apprenticeships. The expert Business Hub team will be answering some commonly asked questions.
• Live Q&A session - Thinking about starting an apprenticeship or hiring an apprentice for your business? Get your questions answered by their apprenticeship experts.
• Funding information - There is a lot of financial support available to businesses. Gloucestershire College can help you to make the most of it.
• Next steps - If you are ready to recruit an apprentice, or you want to start an apprenticeship yourself, find out the next steps to take and how Gloucestershire College's Business Hub team will support you.
Anyone aged 16 or over can use the apprenticeship scheme to train, even senior managers. With apprenticeship programmes from Level 3 to degree level in cyber security, HR, digital marketing, accounting, leadership and more, an apprenticeship is the perfect route to progress in your career or train your team with the skills your business needs.
Sign up for this free event via Eventbrite here: https://gc-business-hub-guide-to-apprenticeships-event.eventbrite.co.uk
If you would like to submit any apprenticeship questions prior to the event, please get in touch with Gloucestershire College's Business Hub team directly by emailing: email@example.com
Copyright 2021 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.