Principles of cyber security course
By Sarah Wood
Gloucestershire College is offering a principles of cyber security short course for adults.
The free, online course is for anyone aged 19 and over and is designed to increase knowledge and understanding of issues and roles relating to cyber security. It can also act as a stepping stone for learners who wish to study cyber security at a higher level.
Learning outcomes of the course:
• Develop an understanding of the need for cyber security and the impact of cyber crime, the various job functions and the key skills required
• Learn about cyber security terminology and the concept of social engineering
• Learn how to maintain data confidentiality and security and understand ethical and unethical conduct within cyber security
• Develop an understanding of the different types of malicious software and the ways in which systems can be infected
• Learn about common and emerging threats in cyber security
• Learn about the preventative methods used to maintain cyber security and the principles of user access controls and firewalls
• Develop an understanding of effective team working and the importance of communication when working in cyber security
The course consists of six units. Each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate knowledge of the subject area. On successful completion of all units, learners will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Cyber Security.
The duration of the course is 11 weeks, and it is recommended that students spend 10 hours per week studying.
Find out more and apply here.
Copyright 2023 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.