Discover IT and cyber apprenticeships: Online event
By Sarah Wood
Gloucestershire College is holding an online event about IT and cyber apprenticeships for employers this month.
The session on Wednesday 24th March will look at how the college is enabling employers to access new talent, and the essential IT and cyber skills businesses need.
Employers will find out about the brand new digital and technology solutions degree apprenticeship starting this September and Gloucestershire College's full suite of specialist accredited programmes.
The event will be hosted by Julie Tegg, director of apprenticeships and employer training, and Pauline Connolly, head of Gloucestershire College's Business School.
It will include:
• The launch of the brand new digital and technology solutions degree apprenticeship - the college's latest degree apprenticeship can bring essential skills into your business for today and the future. Find out more from the team.
• Discover the full suite of specialist IT and cyber apprenticeships - from Level 3 to degree, infrastructure, software, network engineering, digital solutions and cyber apprenticeships bridge the skills gap to provide quality, industry standard development for new recruits and current employees.
• The benefits of apprenticeships for businesses - proven to increase productivity, employee retention and motivation, as well as building talent pipelines and skillsets, the benefits of IT and cyber apprenticeships are endless.
• Overcoming barriers and blockers - not even a global pandemic can stop apprentices from learning. Hundreds of new apprentices and employers joined Gloucestershire College during the pandemic to start their apprenticeships. Find out how the college supports employers and apprentices, and dispel some of the myths around apprentices from recruitment to mentoring, funding, recruitment and how apprenticeships fit alongside remote working.
• Live Q&A session - thinking about hiring an apprentice for your business? Would you like to maximise the benefits of apprenticeships for your current staff? Get your questions answered by the team.
• Funding information - there is a lot of financial support available to businesses. Gloucestershire College can help you to make the most of it.
• Next steps - if you are ready to recruit an apprentice or want to upskill an existing member of staff through an IT or cyber apprenticeship, find out about the next steps and Gloucestershire College will support you.
This virtual event is open to all employers, managers, HR managers, recruitment teams and employees who are looking to advance their IT or cyber career and upskill.
If you would like to submit any apprenticeship questions prior to the event, please get in touch with the Business Hub team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Glouestershire College website to explore IT and Cyber apprenticeships gloscol.ac.uk/techtalent to find out more.
Book a place for the event here.
Copyright 2021 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.