Careers support for older job hunters
By Sarah Wood
Looking for a new career or a new job isn't just for younger people. From time to time older workers need support too - whether they want a change in direction or have been made redundant and are looking for a new job.
Jobcentres nationally offer support to older job hunters from a variety of resources - from independent websites dedicated to mature job hunters to a site encouraging professionals to retrain as teachers and IT courses for older workers looking to upskill.
Just some of the resources available are:
- Age UK IT courses for over 50s
- Now Teach inspiring talented people to use their experience in the classroom
- Rest Less opportunities at age diverse employers across the UK, including full time, part time and post-retirement jobs
- Retirement Reinvented for people looking to do voluntary work or start their own businesses after
- Vercida recruitment site for older, more experienced workers, which provides advice about career change, upskilling to get a new role and apprenticeships for older workers
Copyright 2020 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.