Royal Mail House, Eastern Avenue, Gloucester, GL4 3AA
For Sale/ To Let
•Highly prominent detached three storey office building.
• Fronting major roundabout junction and A38 Eastern Avenue
• 2 miles from Gloucester City Centre and Junction 11a of the M5 motorway
• Purpose built administration office accommodation, with WC's on each floor.
• Constructed in the 1950's with later addition of a pitched tiled roof.
• Concrete frame construction with brick façade and double glazed windows.
• Arranged in an L-shape with two wings either side of a central art deco style stairwell and atrium.
• Two further stairwells at the end of each wing.
• Prominent L-shaped site of approximately 1.40 acres (0.57 ha).
• Externally, the property benefits from a substantial tarmacadam yard / car parking area to the rear.
• 360° circulation with additional car parking to the front.
• A fence will be erected to separate the property from the vendors retained site.
• EPC Rating D 93
The property is located in a mixed commercial location with access from the A38 Eastern Avenue. The property is highly prominent, immediately fronting the roundabout junction with the A38 Eastern Avenue and Barnwood Road, as well as Corinium Avenue. The latter connects to the A417 and junction 11 and 11A of the M5 motorway thereafter. Gloucester City Centre is approximately 2 miles (3.22 km) to the west, and junction 11A of the M5 motorway is approximately 2 miles (3.22 km) to the east. Surrounding uses include warehousing, light industrial, trade counter, roadside, retail, hotel, and residential. A railway line runs immediately to the rear of the site.
10,722 to 32,944 sq ft (996.14 to 3,060.62 sq m) GIA
1.40 acres (0.57 ha) prominent corner site
The overall property is listed in the Valuation List 2017 as Warehouse and Premises, but the subject property has not been separately assessed from the retained site. Interested parties are advised to make their own enquiries with the Valuation Office Agency.
The property was formerly used as ancillary offices to the retained site which has now ceased operating as a Mail Centre / Sorting Office. It has an established use as Offices (Class B1). A Planning Context Statement is available upon request.
The property is available by way of new Full Repairing and Insuring leases as a whole or on a floor by floor basis.
Alternatively, offers will be considered for the freehold interest with vacant possession.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT.
Each party is to bear their own legal and surveyors costs incurred in any transaction.
Philip Cranstone 0117 910 6681
Rob Ladd 0117 910 6640
Copyright 2019 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.