Great news for the housing market - Karmen Waldron of WSP Solicitors
It's been at nearly two months since estate agents and removers have been able to have members of the public in their offices and visit the homes of customers.
It's been a hard few weeks for everyone in the property market.
But, on the May 12 the Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick advised that the COVID-19 restrictions relating to the housing market could be altered. This is great news for the housing market which is so critical to the UK economy.
From Wednesday, May 13 reasonable excuses for leaving your home include:
- Visiting estate agent's offices (to include letting agents and show homes);
- Viewing a property with a view to buying or letting it;
- Moving house;
- Preparing a property to move into it; and
- Visiting a residential property for any activity required for its sale or rental.
Of course, social distancing must be observed during all of these activities. Regulatory bodies such as the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors "RICS" and the Association of British Removers are issuing additional guidance to all of their members to keep them and their customers as safe as possible.
At WSP Solicitors we are really pleased to see the market moving again and many of our clients are keen to see the obstacles in the way of them moving reduced.
These are challenging times and as always, we must exercise caution in the decisions we make. With that in mind we suggest that home movers and others involved in conveyancing transactions consider the following advice:
- Put your property on the market as early as possible.
- Ask your agent what social distancing measures will be put in place during viewings and do the same of removers when you come to move.
- Ensure that all viewers are asked if they are showing symptoms (and as a buyer ask the same of owners)
- Make your mortgage application as early as possible so you get in the queue for surveys
- When it comes to exchange, try and exchange and complete on the same day so your transaction is not delayed by someone developing symptoms and having to self- isolate
WSP Solicitors are here to make your life less complicated. For more information on moving house please visit our website here - https://wspsolicitors.com/legal-services/for-you/residential-property/ or call us on 01452 411601.
Copyright 2020 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.