E93 Punchline - Neill Ricketts, Alex Cottrell, Sam Holliday, Ian Mean, Laurie Bell & Talitha Nelson
By Mark Owen
Each Friday, Punchline-Gloucester.com editor Mark Owen is joined by leading Gloucestershire business figures from a range of backgrounds to review Fridays national & regional newspapers, discuss what is happening in their own business sector and in their own individual businesses.
Finally, they round off by picking the stories that have caught their eye in this week's Punchline-Gloucester.com.
The Business Breakfast briefer show is sponsored by Hazlewoods Accountants and Business Advisors.
Taking their places on the business briefing panel this week's special Xmas Edition were:
- Neill Ricketts - CEO of Versarian plc, the graphene engineering company.
- Alex Cottrell - manager of the Gloucester Growth Hub.
- Sam Holliday - business development manager for Federation of Small Businesses (FSB).
- Ian Mean MBE - director of Business West and ex-editor of Citizen/Echo/Western Daily Press.
- Laurie Bell - CEO of The Cheltenham Trust.
- Talitha Nelson - CEO of Community Foundation Trust.
It is a lively informative chat with the panel working their way through the national papers before getting behind the nitty gritty of the business marketplace. A full, packed show covering everything from mortgage payment rises, cost of living - food and drink, inflation & the cost to businesses, underlying employment rate, NHS, business west survey but the panel really got their teeth into a review of the local and regional media landscape and how the media has a role to play as a 'critical friend'.
There is something to learn for everyone who is interested in business from the people who are at the sharp end of running or working with companies.
It is well worth the investment of time to listen to seven top experts - in business you never stop learning.
Copyright 2023 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.