Tall Ships sail back as Gloucester sets out events plan
By Rob Freeman | 18th March 2021
McFly in the Park and the return of the Gloucester Goes Retro Festival are among the highlights of the city's summer events programme - with the Tall Ships Festival on the horizon.
The Summer Party festival featuring McFly and comedian John Bishop is one of the key events on the schedule laid out by Gloucester City Council as the city emerges from lockdown.
Other familiar favourites returning this summer - coronavirus restrictions allowing - include Gloucester Carnival, the Rooftop Festival and King's Jam.
The city will be illuminated by a range of artists during the winter during Bright Nights.
And looking further ahead, the Tall Ships Festival will return at the start of June 2022 as part of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
Gloucester History Festival returns in September, but you will not have to wait that long with an online Spring Weekend next month.
Virtual online tours include Gloucester Cathedral and Discover Decrypt with guest speakers on April 17-18 including festival president Dr Janina Ramirez and Horrible Histories expert Greg Jenner
Councillor Steve Morgan, cabinet member for culture and leisure, said: "We are delighted that as the city starts to open up for business we have something for everyone in our festivals and events programme for the rest of the year.
"We look forward to welcoming visitors and residents back into our city as soon as it is safe to do so and I am particularly looking forward to our award winning Tall Ships Festival returning in June 2022 as we celebrate the Platinum Jubilee."
- Fake Festivals - Saturday, July 10
- Gloucester Carnival - Saturday, July 17
- Rooftop Festival - July 22-25
- Summer Party with McFly and John Bishop - July 23-24
- Gloucester Funfair - July 31-August 8
- Jamaican Independence Festival - Sunday, August 1
- Gloucester Goes Retro - Saturday, August 28
- King's Jam - August
- Gloucester History Festival (including Gloucester Day) - September 4-19
- Gloucester Pride - September 11
- Bright Nights Season - October-January
- Tall Ships Festival 2022 - June Platinum Jubilee weekend)
Copyright 2021 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.