Last chance to book seminar tickets
By Sarah Wood | 3rd November 2023
Cheltenham-based employment and business law firm, Sherbornes, is hosting a seminar on employment law changes next week.
Key Employment Law Changes - A Complete Update takes place on Wednesday, November 8 at Ellenborough Park in Cheltenham. And it's not too late to book tickets, but you need to act fast!
In an increasingly complex business world, staying abreast of employment law changes is paramount.
The comprehensive half-day event aimed at business owners and HR professionals promises to be an invaluable resource, providing crucial insights into the ever-evolving landscape of employment law.
The session will set out to demystify the intricate details of upcoming changes in employment law, as well as what has changed in the employment law landscape over the last year.
Presenting in plain English, Sherbornes' expert legal team will delve into the nuances of key areas, including:
• Update on developments in discrimination - including the definition of disability
• Changes to unfair dismissal law - including the interplay between reasonable adjustments and fairness, and whether bringing forward the date on which a resignation takes effect is a dismissal
• How to calculate annual leave, in the light of new cases
• Sickness and dealing with it legally - particularly after it was found that a failure led to constructive dismissal
• Changes to flexible working and employment status
• A round-up of the new rules on zero hours and the right to request set hours.
Trula Brunsdon, a partner with Sherbornes, said: "At Sherbornes, we understand that employment law can be daunting. That's why I and my colleague Darren Sherborne will break down complex legal jargon and share practical suggestions and tips.
"Whether you're an HR professional, a business owner or a manager, this seminar will empower you with the knowledge and confidence to navigate the variety of changes which have already occurred and those coming up in employment law. By attending, delegates can bring themselves fully up to speed and greatly minimise the risk of expensive problems developing."
Tickets for the half-day seminar are £69 plus VAT per person and include breakfast and an opportunity to network with other local business professionals.
Spaces are limited. To secure your spot, email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2023 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.