Write yourself into history
8th February 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Gloucestershire's biggest business news platform and associated marketing and PR agency.
Yes, the team behind this very website and the bi-monthly magazine of the same name, Punchline-Gloucester.com is recruiting.
Under the same roof at The Old Fire Station (yes, it really is an old fire station, big red doors, lookout tower, etc) is also the award-winning agency Moose Marketing and PR, and you would wear a hat for both.
Celebrating 10 years, Punchline continues to grow and grow. Its website now clocks more than 85,000 unique visitors a month and its free daily email business newsletter has 7,000 subscribers.
The magazine reaches the parts other business magazines fail to reach - hand delivered to those business parks and trading estates where some of the county's real, unsung business gems are hard at work.
And it also sweeps through all of the high streets of all of the towns you can care to mention within the county.
"We are looking for the right person with a passion for journalism/ PR/news/social media and desk top publishing, with a sense of humour, to grow and develop the agency's business to business website www.punchline-gloucester.com and magazine Punchline," said Mark Owen, managing director of Moose Marketing and PR and editor of Punchline.
"Punchline has grown spectacularly over the past ten years to become Gloucestershire's biggest and leading business news publication.
"In order to continue with this success, we need help writing and researching content for both the website and publication.
"Using e-bulletins and social media campaigns you will also drive traffic to the site. The ideal candidate will be creative, enthusiastic, have a desire to learn and be highly motivated and organised.
"This is an ideal opportunity for a graduate looking for their first professional position or a journalist or PR person looking for a career change."
• Updating Punchline-gloucester.com website and social media on a daily basis using a content management system
• Creating and sending email marketing campaigns
• Writing and researching content for website
• Taking photography to help build content for the site
• Sourcing quotes and providing support with creative direction
• Updating and building databases
• Writing content for magazine
• Planning page layouts for magazine
• Help distribute by hand with the rest of the team the printed publication approx. 12,000 - 14,000 magazines
• Writing and distributing press releases for local, regional, national media and trade publications
• Ad hoc and administrative support for the marketing team as required
• Building and maintaining good relationships with clients
• Contact local companies and promote the company/sell within the publication/online/agency [training to be given]
• Client/account management for agency i.e. Meeting clients, presentations, helping to plan and schedule events/media management/buying/full agency role
• Writing and selling in of client and agency press releases
Skills and Experience Essential:
• Ideally must have min 3 A levels including English
• Excellent grammatical, written and communication skills
• Strong IT skills particularly website and Microsoft Office
• Experience in using Adobe creative suite
• Experience in using social media
• Ability to project a professional company image both by telephone and in person
• Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of the team
• Excellent attention to detail
• Adaptable, with a 'can do' attitude
• Ability to work under pressure
• Must have an interest in current affairs
• Have full clean driving license being a car owner would help or about to take their test
• Must have a good sense of humour
• Qualification in a creative practice such as journalism NCTJ/ PR or media experience or have worked as a journalist for a local/regional paper
• Basic knowledge of html and ftp
• Full training will be given but experience in marketing would be advantageous
Hours of Work:
• Generally, Monday to Fridays 8.30am and 5.30pm 38 hours per week, although some out of hours and weekend work may be required.
• Basic salary + OT bonus [salary rise after passing the probation period]
• This post is subject to a six-month probationary period and references
• Written test will be required
Email CV and covering letter to the PA to the MD Mark Owen by clicking here Apply Now
Strictly no agencies
Copyright 2019 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.