Entries open in 2019 Local Business Charity Awards
By Sarah Wood | 13th June 2019
There is just one month to go until entries close for the 2019 Local Business Charity Awards (Gloucestershire), sponsored by insurance specialists Jelf and Ageas Insurance.
Organisers are hoping to receive more entries from Gloucestershire charities who want to thank, recognise and praise the hard work of their local corporate supporters in these free to enter awards.
Louise Bruce, awards founder, said: "We've been running these awards since 2014 and time and time again charities tell us that although they very much appreciate the £1,000 prize, mostly they love being able to say a very big and very public 'thank you' to the businesses that do so much to support them. Charities rely on support from businesses and we want to do all we can to help continue those vital relationships.
"All a charity has to do is to go to our website and fill out the nomination form. It is entirely free to enter. If they reach the finals, both business and charity will be invited, as guests of Jelf and Ageas, to the awards night at the Tithe Barn in Bishops Cleeve in September.
The judges for the 2019 Local Business Charity Awards (Gloucestershire) are:
* Edward Gillespie, Lord Lieutenant of Gloucestershire
* Alex Chalk, MP for Cheltenham
* Nichola Thomson
* Rachael Sugden, senior editor, Gloucestershire Live
* Cathy Taylor, head of commercial underwriting and operations, Ageas Insurance
There are three award categories to enter:
The Jelf Award - entries are accepted from Gloucestershire charities (with an annual income of more than £200,000 a year) nominating a Gloucestershire business that supports them. If the company they nominate wins, the charity will receive a prize of £1,000.
The Ageas Award - entries are accepted from Gloucestershire charities (with an annual income of less than £200,000 a year) nominating a Gloucestershire business that supports them. If the company they nominate wins, the charity will receive a prize of £1,000.
The Individual Award - entries are accepted from any Gloucestershire charity, nominating a person for their personal dedication and contribution to that charity. The prize is a £300 weekend away.
Judges will be looking for:
* how much of an effect the company's involvement has had on the charity
* the extent to which the company has taken the charity to their hearts
* the quality of the relationship between the company and the charity
* how creative the company has been in supporting the charity
* the long lasting benefits of the relationship
To ensure the awards themselves support local charities and farmers, the award ceremony follows three key criteria:
* they are held in a venue which is itself a charity
* they are catered for by a charity
* they serve food that is grown, sewn, harvested and reared in the county
Entries close on Friday 12 July 2019 and finalists will be announced on Friday 16 August 2019. The website address for nominations is: https://www.localbusinesscharityawards.co.uk/gloucestershire.html
Copyright 2019 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.