COVID-19 Rapid Response Appeal launched to support NHS staff in Gloucestershire
By Andrew Merrell | 26th March 2020
An appeal has been launched to support our amazing NHS staff as Gloucestershire's hospitals come under increasing pressure as a result of COVID-19.
Cheltenham and Gloucester Hospitals Charity has launched the campaign to provide help wherever the need is greatest.
By making a donation today to the COVID-19 Rapid Response Appeal you can support a number of projects including:
• 'Boost boxes' to provide snacks and toiletries for teams as they work intensively to care for patients
• Wellbeing resources to help alleviate stress for people while working under constant pressure
• Establishing fully equipped Staff Sleep Pods as places for people to take a break during periods of intensive work and ensure they are not too tired to drive home.
• Fold-out beds to help teams rest and recuperate
• The provision of alternative transport to work such as taxi or a minibus if public transport is not available.
0 Subscribe Mini Form
Richard Smith, head of fundraising at Cheltenham and Gloucester Hospitals Charity, said: "In this most unprecedented of times, NHS staff in Gloucestershire are working around the clock to provide the best possible care to patients.
"The COVID-19 Rapid Response Appeal will enable us to give vital wellbeing support, working closely with teams to provide the help where they need it most. Currently, donations will go towards providing refreshment packages, sleep pods, transport and other projects.
"We have already received many calls and emails from the community asking how they can help which is just fantastic, and we hope that people will get behind this appeal to support our incredible NHS teams."
Michele Pashley 2020 staff health and wellbeing coordinator at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, said the appeal was a great way to give a morale boost to everyone working.
"We are hugely proud of all the efforts of all of our teams during this period of growing pressure on the NHS.
"They are all going above and beyond and anything which can be done to provide even further support for their wellbeing is hugely appreciated."
To donate to the appeal, please visit https://justgiving.com/campaign/GlosCovid19
Copyright 2020 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.