Cotswolds art and antiques dealers' shops and galleries reopening
By Matt Hall | 11th June 2020
With the Government declaring non-essential premises in England can reopen from Monday, Cotswolds antique shops and galleries have been preparing to reopen - with many taking the opportunity to add a new lick of paint.
With its wealth of art and antiques for sale, the Cotswolds attracts collectors and visitors from around the world.
And after 11 weeks of lockdown, Cotswold Art & Antique Dealers' Association (CADA) members are reopening their doors, following the guidelines and have been making the necessary amendments and plans to ensure that all the necessary safety precautions are in place.
CADA said that within several member's premises (depending upon the size of the business) access will be restricted to one or more people, several initially working on a 'by appointment' basis. Interested customers are advised to telephone or email to arrange a time for their visit, where possible, in order to avoid having to wait outside.
Alex Puddy, chair of the CDA, said: "We hope that as lockdown is relaxed, people will enjoy visiting the shops and galleries that are currently putting in measures to ensure customers and staff are safe when they visit. We look forward to gradually providing a warm welcome to all."
A full list has been provided below outlining CADA members that will be re-opening to the public over the coming weeks.
Opening Monday, June 15
- Moxhams Antiques, 17 Silver Street, Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire BA15 5BW www.moxhams-antiques.co.uk BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Haynes Fine Art, Picton House Galleries, 42 High Street, Broadway, Worcestershire WR12 7DT www.haynesfineart.com
- Trinity House Paintings Ltd, 20 High Street, Broadway, Worcestershire WR12 7DT www.trinityhousepaintings.com
- Gateway Antiques, Burford Roundabout, Cheltenham Road, Burford, Oxfordshire OX18 4JA www.gatewayantiques.co.uk
- Howards Jewellers, 44a Wood Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire CV37 6JG www.harveysjewellers.com
- Christopher Clarke Antiques Ltd, The Fosseway, Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire GL54 1JS www.campaignfurniture.com
- Architectural Heritage, Taddington Manor, Taddington, Gloucestershire GL54 5RY www.architectural-heritage.co.uk
- Brownrigg, 14 Long Street, Tetbury, Gloucestershire GL8 8AQ www.brownrigg-interiors.co.uk (Monday to Saturday 10am-5pm or by appointment)
- Lesley Blackford Antiques, Antiques at Heritage, 6 Market Place, Woodstock, Oxfordshire OX20 1TA John Howard at Heritage, 6 Market Place, Woodstock, Oxfordshire OX20 1TA www.antiquepottery.co.uk
- Prichard Antiques, 16 High Street, Winchcombe, Gloucestershire GL54 5LJ www.prichardantiques.co.uk (Monday to Saturday 10am - 4pm)
- Greenway Antiques, 90 Corn Street, Witney, Oxfordshire OX28 6BU www.greenwayantiques.co.uk W.R. Harvey & Co (Antiques) Ltd, 86 Corn Street, Witney, Oxfordshire OX28 6BU www.wrharvey.com
Opening Wednesday, June 17
- Witney Antiques, 100 Corn Street, Witney, Oxfordshire OX28 6BU www.witneyantiques.com (Wednesday 12 noon - 5pm, Thursday to Friday 10 am - 5pm, Saturday 10am - 2pm or by appointment)
Opening early July (exact date TBA)
- Legge Carpets ٠Textiles, 25 Oakthorpe Road, Oxford OX2 7BD www.leggecarpets.com BY APPOINTMENT
A number of CADA members only see clients 'by appointment'and the following dealers are looking forward to welcoming clients and newcomers:
From Monday 15 June: David Pickup www.davidpickupantiques.com/stock, Elizabeth Harvey-Lee www.elizabethharvey-lee.com.
From Tuesday 16 June: Mark Goodger Antiques (Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm) www.markgoodger.co.uk.
Cotswolds based Simon Hall Ltd also packs and ships nationally and internationally, so purchases can be collected, packed and safely delivered, as required, whilst adhering to the relevant regulations.
Copyright 2020 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.