Changes to Cotswold District Council cabinet announced
By David Wood | 27th May 2021
Cotswold District Council Leader Councillor Joe Harris has announced his new cabinet for the coming year.
Cllr Clive Webster vacates the cabinet and Cllr Juliet Layton joins as cabinet member for development management and licensing.
Cllr Harris said: "I've been very lucky to have a dynamic and supportive cabinet over the last two years who've worked tirelessly to support residents throughout the pandemic. These changes will bolster an already strong and diverse cabinet and I'm proud to have a team around me with gender parity.
"We've made good progress in rebuilding the council's finances so we're able to invest in the district. As we emerge from the pandemic we must seize the new opportunities that the green industrial revolution will bring and look at securing a better deal for young people and families as they try to find housing in our area.
"This cabinet will put us in the best possible position to deliver on our ambitions as a council to support our residents and create an environment for businesses to thrive.
"I'd like to say a massive thank you to Cllr Clive Webster for his hard work in what has been a very difficult time for planning and the foundation that he's put in place will see improvements in the service in the next few months. Juliet Layton is well qualified to fill his shoes. She's a great addition to our team."
The full cabinet, with portfolios, is:
- Cllr Joe Harris: leader of the council
- Cllr Mike Evemy: deputy leader and cabinet member for finance and parking
- Cllr Rachel Coxcoon: cabinet member for climate change and forward planning
- Cllr Jenny Forde: cabinet member for health and wellbeing
- Cllr Lisa Spivey: cabinet member for housing and homelessness
- Cllr Andrew Doherty: cabinet member for the environment, waste and recycling
- Cllr Tony Dale: cabinet member for the economy and council transformation
- Cllr Juliet Layton: cabinet member for development management and licensing
Full details of each portfolio are available on the council's website.
Cllr Juliet Layton has been a district councillor in the Cotswolds for 10 years. Cllr Layton was elected as vice-chair of the planning and licensing committee in May 2017 and was elected chair of the planning and licensing committee in May 2019.
Copyright 2021 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.