App of the week: Google Translate
By Matt Hall
Are you communicating with clients and customers across the world on a daily basis?
Use Google's free service to instantly translate words, phrases, and web pages between English and over 100 other languages — 59 of which are available offline.
You can also translate text in images using your camera, translate speech using the microphone, and draw text rather than typing in specific phrases.
Some key features:
• Text translation - Translate between 103 languages by typing
• Offline - Translate with no internet connection (59 languages)
• Instant camera translation - Translate text in images instantly by just pointing your camera (38 languages)
• Photos - Take or import photos for higher quality translations (50 languages)
• Conversations - Translate bilingual conversations on the fly (32 languages)
• Handwriting - Draw text characters instead of typing (93 languages)
• Phrasebook - Star and save translated words and phrases for future reference (all languages)
Copyright 2019 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.