Stress - Some words of wisdom…
A young lady confidently walked around the room while leading and explaining stress management to an audience with a raised glass of water.
Everyone knew she was going to ask the ultimate question, 'half empty or half full?'... She fooled them all... "How heavy is this glass of water?" she inquired with a smile.
Answers called out ranged from 100gms to 250gms.
She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter.
It depends on how long I hold it.
If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem.
If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm.
If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance.
In each case it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes." She continued, "and that's the way it is with stress.
If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on."
"As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden - holding stress longer and better each time practiced.
So, as early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down.
Don't carry them through the evening and into the night... Pick them up tomorrow.
1. Accept the fact that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue!
2. Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
3. If you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
4. Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.
5. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
6. Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
7. The second mouse gets the cheese.
8. When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
9. Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.
10. We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours, but they all have to live in the same box.
11. A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
12. Have an awesome day and know that someone has thought about you today!