Which companies have scooped royal accolade?
21st April 2017
Five Gloucestershire businesses have today been named as winners of a Queen's Award for Enterprise 2017.
Established in 1965 and announced today in celebration of the Queen's 91st birthday, the awards are one of the most prestigious that businesses can receive.
Winning businesses are able to use the esteemed Queen's Awards emblem for the next five years.
The five companies from Gloucestershire that have been recognised, along with details of their product or service, are:
- ADEY Professional Heating Solutions, Cheltenham: Innovative range of high-performance chemicals designed to transform heating system cleaning, maintenance and protection
- Advanced Insulation Limited, Gloucester: ContraTherm C25, a syntactic silicone insulation product used on high temperature subsea oilfield equipment
- Green Gourmet Ltd, Stonehouse: UK Red Tractor, portion-controlled chicken breast fillet serving the school meals industry
- Kohler Mira Ltd, Cheltenham: Innovation in the design and manufacture of anti-slip shower trays
- Robert Welch Designs Limited, Chipping Campden: A knife block with storage solution for kitchen knives and an integrated sharpener
In total, 176 businesses from across the UK have been recognised today for their contribution to international trade, innovation, sustainable development and promoting opportunity.
Business Secretary Greg Clark said: "The Queen's Awards for Enterprise highlights everything that's great about UK business today.
"We have some of the best entrepreneurs and innovative minds in the world who are at the heart of small start-ups providing excellent customer service to larger businesses developing global solutions.
"Over one million new businesses have been created since 2010, all playing a vital role in creating jobs and driving growth across the UK.
"I'm extremely proud to see such a wealth of businesses being recognised today.
"Through our Industrial Strategy we will be building on the successes of these award winning businesses, helping to build a stronger, more outward looking and prosperous global Britain."
Entry to the 2018 Awards opened today and closes on Friday, 1 September 2017.
Picture credit: pixabay
Copyright 2017 Moose Partnership Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any content is strictly forbidden without prior permission.